[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] srfsh% login USER PASSWORD wont authenticate

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Sat Mar 7 22:46:05 EST 2015

>> Thanks will try installation attempt 6 with a strong coffee haha.  Re
>> Ubuntu 12.04- Extracting the tar to create the OPEN-ILS folder must have
>> appended ".in" to the end of some files. Yes I renamed the files taking off
>> the .in but why would that happen in the first place.

Howard, I know you're past this part, but I just wanted to say for the
list archive, you shouldn't ever need to manually rename a file ending
in .in.

These files are supposed to get copied and modified during the build
process into their non-.in equivalents.

So, for example, Open-ILS/examples/apache/eg.conf.in will create a
Open-ILS/examples/apache/eg.conf when you run make.

If you diff the two files, you'll see changes like this:

< <Directory @localstatedir@/web>
---
> <Directory /openils/var/web>

I do notice that the files in apache_24/ are being a little less
obvious with how they get renamed.

--
Jason Etheridge