[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Acquisitions: EDI with Penguin Random House

Codey Kolasinski ckolasinski at cwmars.org
Fri Mar 27 09:18:05 EDT 2015

Hello, All,

Has anyone been able to set up EDI with the new Penguin Random House conglomerate?  Evidently they are accepting EDI orders using edifact so one of our libraries would like to start sending orders to them.  The library, who has a very tech savvy librarian, set up the provider and EDI account info and it looks perfect but an error occurs in the first edi message (ORDERS):

put FAILED: put to ftp.penguinrandomhouse.com failed with error: Can't call method "put" on an undefined value at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenILS/Utils/RemoteAccount.pm line 584.

Things I've tried so far to solve the issue:
update po_jedi file to include the new vendor
test ftp credentials from edi account info

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Codey Kolasinski
Systems Librarian at C/W MARS