[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Tracking OPAC use for statistics

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Tue Mar 31 12:47:51 EDT 2015

I'm not sure what you want to provide in terms of statistics but your
Apache logs will probably be your friend if you're looking to use entirely
internal out of the box data.  There are a ton of specialized (and general
tools) for looking at logs, giving counts, general, by IP, etc...  What
logs Apache generates can be customized quite a bit.

Alternatively, you could use a tool like Google Analytics.  I'm
increasingly uncomfortable with giving Google that kind of information and
think libraries should move to tools like piwik ( https://piwik.org/ ) in
order to have G.A. like data for the library while keeping patron data
private.

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me.”
― C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>