[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Z39.50 Index Field Maps and the Local Catalog--can you help?

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Thu May 14 00:40:07 EDT 2015

This is our workflow as well. We first search by ISBN or UPC first with
advanced or basic. Then search by title and author. If those searches are
unsuccessful, we then search OCLC via the Z39.50. PINES catalogers are
instructed to never search the local catalog using the Z39/50 gateway
because of the danger of creating an exact duplicate if they import the
local record.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager