[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Duplicate entry in authors.tt2 (is this bug 958954?)

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Fri May 29 12:03:24 EDT 2015

It is my understanding that, under RDA, relator terms (|e) should be the
controlled values that can be coded in |4
(http://www.loc.gov/marc/relators/relaterm.html). However, records cataloged
using AACR2, the |e would not necessarily have been a controlled term, or at
least, not a the current controlled terms (|e ill. vs |e Illustrator, for
example).

So, I think Dan’s point for the relator code to take precedence is a good
one since our bib databases will contain a mixture of RDA and AACR2 (and
previous rules!!) records for a long time to come.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service