[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Duplicate entry in authors.tt2 (is this bug 958954?)

Sarah Childs sarahc at zionsvillelibrary.org
Fri May 29 13:40:09 EDT 2015

a) Yes.
b) Yes.
c) I think this is a discussion issue as well. I would prefer using no
terms at all when there is no term or code, because it's not possible to
sufficiently determine the relationship of the person to the work.  A 700
field in a book record could be for an added author, an illustrator, an
editor, a preface author, etc.  For media, the possibilities are equally
varied or even moreso.  I think if no information is supplied in the
record, we shouldn't try to supply a descriptor. Just give the name. It's
frequently explained in notes or the 245.
d) Yes. This but this situation would be fairly rare, so I think it's the
least pressing issue. I'm fine with giving subfield 4 precedence.
e) Haven't noticed anything in this area, but it would be wise to look into
it and resolve if needed.

The terms in RDA are controlled-ish.  There is a list of terms to be used,
but catalogers can supply their own if none in the list are considered
appropriate.

--
Sarah Childs
Technical Services Department Head