[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] SMS Hold Notifications

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Tue Nov 3 10:32:20 EST 2015

For Bibliomation, we only added an event parameter for "sender_email"
to be "no-reply at biblio.org" for that action/trigger event definition.
With SMS text messages, there was no good way to give users a reply
location that would work consortium-wide.  So, while it's bad that we
do not give users any way to respond since no-reply is a dead-end, it
was assumed that patrons would find other means of contacting the
library (phone. email, etc.) if they needed to change the nature of
their hold request.  For a time, we thought about tacking on a "please
contact your library" statement to the messages, but that added too
much text to the text message itself, which ruins the whole point of
using short text messages with character limits.

I do not have any collected feedback from actual users on how they
perceive these actions on our part.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum