[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 016 & 029

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Thu Oct 1 15:00:43 EDT 2015

I thought it was a local indexing project and was wondering why you would
want either field indexed!

I still am not sure they would be practical fields to index since they are
control numbers analogous to OCLC TCNs. As such, they might to be in an 001
in the originating library catalog, which is already indexed.  There are
days, however, when I would prefer to search for a TCN in advanced or basic
(we use OCLC TCNs as our TCNs), so would like the 035 indexed.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service