[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] E-Books and item records ... again

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Tue Oct 6 09:50:50 EDT 2015

Hi Folks,

This question harkins back to the discussion we had some months ago about
best practices for ebook; should there be an item record associated with an
e-title? There seemed to be a consensus that an item record isn't necessary.

Here is our new scenario. We have a bib record that is already available in
the ATS Library. The WATS Library (which is part of our consortium) wants
it to appear in their catalog as well. How is that done if there is no
attached item record?

Hoping this is just a newbie question.

Thanks!

Don