[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Proposal for release manager

McCanna, Terran tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Mon Oct 19 11:39:31 EDT 2015

+1 to all of those, but from my perspective especially to:

[1] Extend support for production use of the web staff interface at
circulation desk
<<

We would really like to pilot the circ module at some volunteer libraries along with our January 2016 upgrade, but we're still on the fence about whether that will be feasible or advisable. Here are my biggest outstanding questions at the moment:

1 - PRINTING: Printing is still a big question mark for us - we're not going to be able to ask our libraries to go through all of the steps currently required to get Hatch running. They can use the browser's built-in print functionality without hatch, but that's not ideal.

2 - PATRON RECORD EDITOR: The new patron record editor that Bill is/was working on would be one of the best incentives for libraries to pilot since they're very unhappy with the performance of the current screen - is there a target date for that to be integrated? Or are there issues that still need to be resolved before it can be integrated?

3 - RECEIPT TEMPLATE EDITOR: Since this functionality isn't complete until after Sprint 3, and the libraries won't be able to modify the receipt templates yet, we need to find a way to customize the transit slips so they'll print out properly for the needs of our statewide courier. We can probably do this on the server side, but I haven't tried yet.

4 - STANDALONE: Can staff have the regular client installed in order to take advantage of the standalone functionality when needed, but still use the web client for normal online use? Or will there be conflicts if they try to switch from one to the other on the same circ computer?

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150