[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ERROR when trying to "bill a patron"

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue Oct 20 14:38:04 EDT 2015

>  So, the answer to my question:   Do you need billing types for EACH OU looks to be - yes.      NONE of the other billing types for the consortium level OR the other library show up.  Just the two that I created for our OU as dummies.      Why is that?    So, now do we need to make each of the ones at the consortium level ALSO duplicated at each of the OU levels?    That seems really redundant.

You need at least one custom billing type, either owned consortially
or by your org or an ancestor org.

Out of the box, the first 11 or so billing types are reserved for
automated processes (Overdue Materials, etc) and do not show up in the
Bill Patron interface.  The stock Misc billing type, owned by the
Consortium, does.  You may have deleted that or changed its ownership,
or you may have a permission issue as others have suggested.

--
Jason Etheridge