[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Billing types - why can't I see them?

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Fri Oct 23 16:28:15 EDT 2015

Jason,

Ok.  So, can you confirm for me that ALL of the ones I listed are system generated – even those that seem to be for ATS?   And the two that I created from scratch are then the only ones I should actually see – because I created them?    What is the purpose of the OU listed in the other column?

  Permissions relates to the View_Billing_Types.  I actually didn’t have any billing types for our OU in the Billing Types list first.  Then it seemed that I did not have permission to see any beyond our OU.   When I changed the permissions, I thought I should be able to see those that are listed in my list as ASLAN (our consortium name) as well as those at our sister institution (ATS) when I go to bill a patron.   But that appears to not be the case??   I think what you are saying is that no matter how they are listed in the Billing Types list (with the OU next to it), the permission for View_Billing_Types does not take effect.     What is the View_Billing_Types permission for?    Maybe for acquisitions instead?

Thanks!

Jennifer