[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Wireless Scanner Recommendations

Holly Brennan haderhold at ci.homer.ak.us
Mon Oct 26 13:00:49 EDT 2015

I'm a little confused on how you're intending to use the scanner (long distance from equipment??), but....

I use a Honeywell, model Voyager 1202g. It's small and has a bunch of rubber/grippy areas (this is one of the best features because it doesn't slide around when set down on my desk out of its holster). Thumb-style top trigger. Reads very accurately. I have a sit/stand desk so it made me happy to "cut the cord"!

Bought from posworld.com, who compiled all the code needed to configure our stranger/old barcodes (which begin with a T and a varying number of zeros that sometimes register as spaces) as well as work with our newer, numeric-only barcodes.

Just over two years of use. No issues with the 5+ in use at my library.

-Holly