[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Price for Pre-Cats

Scott Thomas scott at albright.org
Thu Oct 29 08:23:29 EDT 2015

Hi,
   For ILLs, we do not catalog them beforehand. Instead, the person at the circulation desk receives the Pre-Catalog prompt when they scan in a barcode that does not exist in the system and then they fill out the Pre-Catalog Fields. It is important, for these items, to populate the Price field in the item record with a default of $25.00 because this is what triggers a submission to our debt collection agency. Is there a way to have the Price field in the item record populate with a default value? I was hoping EG would allow us  to associate a default price with a Circ Modifier, but I could not find this. Am I missing something?

Thank you,
Scott

Scott  Thomas, MLS
Head of Information Technologies and Technical Services
Scranton Public Library
Lackawanna County Library System
2006 N. Main Ave.
Scranton, PA 18508