[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Information requests- websites

Benjamin Kalish bkalish at forbeslibrary.org
Thu Oct 29 15:32:33 EDT 2015

It's very easy to make a search widget that allows you to start an
Evergreen search from your library's website. We've done it at our library
with Wordpress, but it should be equally easy in any system that will let
you write HTML.

Our search form is slightly more complicated in that it allows you to
choose whether to search our website or the catalog. This requires some
Javascript and some some server-side scripting (in case someone has
Javascript disabled) but is still pretty easy. You can see our website at
http://forbeslibrary.org/. I've also included a screenshot of the "widget".

[image: Inline image 1]

Benjamin Kalish
Forbes Library / 413-587-1012 / bkalish at forbeslibrary.org

Currently reading: *Our Mutual Friend* by Charles Dickens
Just Finished: *Mind of the Raven: Investigations and Adventures With
Wolf-birds by Bernd Heinrich.*