[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Auto-generated Barcodes

Shell, Lezlie Lezlie.Shell at contractor.cengage.com
Wed Sep 9 19:44:25 EDT 2015

Hi,

I’m sorry that my first post here is a request for help.

I’m a cataloger for Questia online library.  We are looking for a replacement for our SIRSI internal ILS (our customer interface is not an ILS).  We will only be using the cataloging functions.

First, to all of you who have put training materials on the web, thank you!

I’ve been wrestling with auto-generated barcodes.   Or, the alleged auto-generated barcodes because I have yet to make one appear.

From the Holdings Maintenance screen I opt to create a volume.  In the bottom left corner of the screen is the [Auto-Generate Barcode?] button.  The cursor is in the Barcode/Item Part box.  It seems like clicking the barcode button would put a system generated barcode In the box, but that isn’t happening.

Is that how it is supposed to work?  If so, is there a setting other than in the Vandelay setup that deals with auto-generated barcodes?

Thank you,
Lezlie Shell