[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Authorities

Cerninakova Eva cernin at jabok.cz
Tue Sep 15 00:41:27 EDT 2015

Hi all,

We are currently  working on implementation of Czech national authorities
to Evergreen. We have already done a lot of work but yet new and new
problems to be solved  emerge before us ;-) .
 I would like to ask you for a help with  two questions:

1)  *How is it possible to define a controls set  for authority batch
import?*
So far we have defined new control set for national authorities, we have
 assigned  thesauri to it and addend authority fields. Than we have
successfully  imported MARC XML file containing Czech national
 authorities.
The problem is that each of the imported authority record have been
automatically  assigned to the thesaurus „n“ (which stands for „not
applicable“) defined in Library of Congress control  set.  How shall we
define the proper thesaurus and control set? Is it possible to define the
thesaurus and control set for the import file  (e.g. in the import script)?
Or is it necessary to add appropriate thesaurus code somewhere to  MARC
authority record  in the import file before the import?

2) My second question is *how do you provide the regular batch update of
existing authority record in Evergreen*? Could you share your workflow with
us? As we consider possible  scenario for updating authority records that
already exist in the Evergreen without breaking the  linking to
bibliographic records any idea would by very helpful for us.

Thanks a lot
Eva

---
Mgr. Eva Cerniňáková
cernin at jabok.cz
Tel. +420 211 222 409

Knihovna Jabok
http:/knihovna.jabok.cuni.cz <http://knihovna.jabok.cz>
Tel.  +420 211 222 410

Jabok - Vyšší odborná škola sociálně pedagogická a teologická
Salmovská 8, 120 00 Praha 2