[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 2.10.1 client for Mac OS

Ben Shum ben at evergreener.net
Sun Apr 10 11:40:46 EDT 2016

So, I have not done it recently for 2.10 and newest Mac OS X, but
basically the approach I always used in the past was to build the
staff client files on a Linux server first.  Then download the Linux
64-bit client and copy the file/folder contents over to the resources
folder in the Mac app that I was building.  In theory, you could use
the contents from the file generated and linked on the downloads page:
 https://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/evergreen-client-2.10.1_x86_64.tar.bz2

A good trick to figuring out how the Evergreen.app file needs to be
laid out is to download an existing Mac OS client that other people
have built, and open it up to view the contents and see how things are
arranged.  Sometimes I used to do that and replace the innards and the
info.plist file to match the version I want to use it for.

I don't think people have recently tried to actually run make,
configure, etc. on a Mac OS for Evergreen itself.  The guys up in
Sitka (or maybe somewhere else) used to joke about doing it, but it's
definitely not a supported platform for Evergreen right now.

Hope that helps,

-- Ben