[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Is there a (simple) way for item_lang searches to look at the 041?

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Tue Apr 19 14:46:15 EDT 2016

Hi Evergreen experts,

Currently when I run a search like item_lang(spa), Evergreen only
returns results that include "spa" in the Lang fixed field, not in the
041.  Is there a way to include those 041 codes in getting those
results as well (maybe through composite value maps, which I still
haven't totally wrapped my mind around)?

Our library has a lot of bilingual Spanish/English materials, but they
are only showing up when search is limited to one or the other.  Our
ideal scenario is one where students can use our advanced search
screen to limit their results to Spanish and for Evergreen to return
results that contain "spa" in either the fixed fields or 041 (i.e.
both Spanish-only and bilingual resources).

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!  Looking forward to connecting with many of you in
Raleigh later this week,

    -Jane

--
Jane Sandberg