[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Programmatic Merging of Bibliographic Records

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Mon Apr 25 14:34:31 EDT 2016

Jim,

Do you mean something other than record buckets? You can put bib records in a bucket and then select to merge them. The records open tiled vertically and you select the lead (retained) one. In this interface you can edit the record if you want to include something from the merged record in the retained record. If you edit using the flat text editor you can copy and drag the data from one record to another. The merged record will then show as deleted. Merging records this way links the TCN, although the retained record doesn't display it.

Janet

Janet Schrader
Bibliographic Services Supervisor
C/W MARS Inc.