[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Copy Count Display

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Mon Aug 22 14:55:01 EDT 2016

Hi Joan,

My understanding is that the OPAC invisible copies should be included in
the copy counts in the client. I just did a brief test and found that
Lost copies were part of the copy count in the client, even though it
wasn't in the public catalog.

However, from reading your question, it sounds like it's really related
to showing counts for an OU that is a child of the search OU. In your
example, then, if the user is searching Pepperell, they would see the
count for the Pepperell Lawrence Library, whether that count happens to
include OPAC visible items or not.

The quick answer is that you currently can't do that, but I could see
this being a Wishlist bug in Launchpad. I think it would need to
consider the user's preferred library. If there are many children for
your search org unit, the catalog would need to know which branch's copy
count to display. I could see something that shows the copy count for
the user's preferred library if it is a child of the search org unit.
Also adding a note that those copies should already be displaying at the
top of the list of holdings.

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier