[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Fines conundrum

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Fri Dec 2 12:47:32 EST 2016

John, do you mean that the summary balance under the bills tab shows nothing?

[cid:image001.png at 01D24C8F.F0680970]

I’ve seen this happen when I’ve changed values in the money.payments table instead of the table the corresponds with the payment type.  There are materialized views (a summary table that is kept in sync with triggers instead of pulling live data) that can get out of sync with reality.  It could be that the triggers that keep the summary tables up to date have been broken.  I think you need someone to take a look at the money.* tables and triggers to make sure they match up with your releases setting.

The summary tables can be re-created from the systems current state to get the values back in line.

You can check on this by choosing a patron that shows the symptoms, and looking at a few tables for that patron.  You need sql access for this.

·         money.usr_summary should show that users balance totals.

·         Money.billable_xact_summary should show a summary for each bill for that customer.  If they should have a fine, but it shows a zero balance for that bill, then the money.billable_xact_summary is out of sync.

·         Money.billings for the same bill should show the fine.

Josh Stompro - LARL IT Director