[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Circulation Limit Sets

scott.thomas at sparkpa.org scott.thomas at sparkpa.org
Thu Dec 22 12:43:47 EST 2016

I have a question about Circulation Limit Sets. I know the policy is applied to the Owning Library, but I was wondering how it would work in a resource sharing situation. Say Library X has a Circulation Limit of 5 DVDs and Library Y has no circulation limits at all. A patron at Library Y places a hold on seven DVDs that are fulfilled by Library X and sent to Library Y for pickup. Is the patron at Library Y prevented from checking out DVD's 6 and 7 or are Library X's limits not in force at Library Y even though Library X owns the items? Conversely, if a patron at Library X tries to check out twelve of Library Y's DVDs, will they be able to? Let's assume, for the sake of simplicity, that the Circulation Library and the Owning Library are the same in all of these items.

Thank you in advance for helping me with this.

Scott

Scott Thomas
Executive Director
PaILS / SPARK