[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Patrons can't place holds on Parts

Rosemary Le Faive rlefaive at upei.ca
Fri Jan 8 12:44:34 EST 2016

Hi,

We're trying to implement Monograph Parts so that patrons can place holds
on specific volumes that are out.  But the "Place hold" link isn't showing
up! I'm wondering if I'm missing something in the configuration, or if I
need to customize the template.

The case in question: of four volumes/parts in a record, two are available
and two are checked out. All are in a holdable location.

If I set ctx.holds_block.enabled = 'false' then the Place Hold link shows
up, and holds can be placed on the checked-out parts. But then the Place
Hold link shows up even where it shouldn't (since we don't allow holds on
available copies!)

I'm afraid i have to hack the template here [1].

Has anyone else faced this issue?

Thanks!

-Rosie

[1]
https://github.com/evergreen-library-system/Evergreen/blob/master/Open-ILS/src/templates/opac/parts/record/summary.tt2#L45-L48

--

*Rosemary Le Faive*

Digital Infrastructure and Discovery Librarian

Robertson Library

University of Prince Edward Island

550 University Ave, Charlottetown PE C1A 4P3

Canada
tel: 902-566-0533 | fax: 902-628-4305 | email: rlefaive at upei.ca