[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Patrons can't place holds on Parts

Ben Shum ben at evergreener.net
Fri Jan 8 13:26:25 EST 2016

Hi Rosie,

Where are you setting ctx.holds_block.enabled = 'false'?  That's
normally controlled via the parts/config.tt2 file, and it's used to
globally turn on or off holds of all kinds.  So yes, if that's set to
true, it will remove the place hold link throughout the catalog.
Changing the value in the file you indicated would alter the way the
link is generated, so I could see it confusing things when
inappropriate.

Perhaps the real issue is how your hold matrix matchpoints are
configured.  In our system, we use the hold configuration to control
whether links will appear for place hold depending on various
criteria.  Like if a given circ modifier is considered holdable, etc.
Or we'd use copy status to control holdable too, so that you can't
place holds on items with a status like lost or damaged.

If you do not allow holds on available copies, how are you blocking
that presently?  Are you only going to allow holds if they are part
holds?

-- Ben