[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Indication of what caused fine forgiveness/voiding with Void overdue fines when items are marked lost org unit setting on 2.9

Brent Mills brent at hoodriverlibrary.org
Wed Jan 27 16:29:56 EST 2016

Hello,

We recently upgraded to 2.9.1 from 2.7.5 and the negative balance fixes
have changed what some libraries -- with the /Void //overdue fines when
items are marked lost /library setting enabled -- were used to seeing in
the patron bills tab.

Example:
Patron with overdue book has it marked lost. Library Setting for "/Void
overdue fines when items are marked lost/" is enabled for the the
library where this occurred.

Previously, the fines were voided as normal and the display gave a
little more information about what caused the voiding in the Note field.

Now, the overdue forgiveness has moved to the payment section which I
understand is correct from the conditional negative balance
documentation for 2.9 at
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.9/_circulation_2.html
> The account adjustment payment type will also be used for all
> libraries, regardless of the state of negative balance settings, in
> cases where overdue fines are adjusted when an overdue item is marked
> lost.

I was wondering if there was a way to indicate what those payments are
for to the staff members? The account_adjustment payment type helps, but
it would be nice if there was a note field entry for "Overdue
Forgiveness Payments" or something like that.

Just curious how/if other libraries are handling this situation (or if
it's even an issue for most).

Thanks!

--
Brent Mills