[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] All permission groups deleted?

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue Jul 5 16:45:06 EDT 2016

>   Still, it should have been “impossible” for these to be deleted as a whole
> group since, as you say, the permissions themselves were actually assigned.
> Is it somehow possible in the staff client to make them not SEEN?   I’m just
> picking at straws here, trying to figure out the steps that led us here.

I believe the permission group editor (and the org unit editor, for
that matter) can be a foot-gun, in that it doesn't protect you from,
for example, creating loops in the group hierarchy.

On a test system, I made Staff a child of itself, and that prevented
new logins for normal staff accounts, and made only patron groups
visible in the patron editor for the admin account.

Something like this may be your problem, but I don't know.

--
Jason Etheridge