[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Search box cursor focus

Ben Shum ben at evergreener.net
Fri Jul 8 14:00:21 EDT 2016

Several months back, I actually worked on adjusting the way the
autofocus cursor would end up on the page for the catalog (TPAC,
public side only) so that it would end at the right instead of the
left of the text.

The problem I found was that the autofocus would then behave
differently depending on which browser you ended up using (for me
Chrome vs. Firefox, IE whatever), so it was not consistently behaving
in the way we expected/wanted and we undid the code from our testing.

I have not played with it further, but I did push a copy of the
working code to the Evergreen repository.

This is a link to that:
http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/user/bshum/change-autofocus

So it probably is a tiny code change, but it needs more careful
testing and development anyways.

-- Ben

"Dancing that fine line between suggesting and volunteering..."