[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] List of new items in catalog and how to get them on to your web page

Chauncey Montgomery chauncey at yourcl.org
Thu Jul 28 10:48:23 EDT 2016

Mina,

We use a process that was shared with us by the by the Branch District
Library, <https://www.branchdistrictlibrary.org/>, years ago. It is
based on a report that shows items added in the last X days.

Following are details of the report:

The report is based on the Item source.

Displayed Fields:
Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bib Record -> Simple Record Extracts ->
Title Proper (normalized) : data type is text; field transform is Raw Data
Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bib Record -> Simple Record Extracts ->
Author (normalized) : data type is text; field transform is Raw Data
Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bib Record -> Simple Record Extracts ->
Publication Year (normalized) : data type is int; field transform is Raw
Data
Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bib Record -> Simple Record Extracts ->
Record ID : data type is id; field transform is Raw Data
Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bib Record -> Simple Record Extracts ->
ISBN : data type is text; field transform is Raw Data
Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Call Number Label : data type is text;
field transform is Raw Data
Item -> Creation Date/Time : data type is timestamp; field transform is Date
Item -> Circulating Library : data type is text; field transform is Raw Data
Item -> Shelving Location : data type is text; field transform is Raw Data

Base Filters:
Item -> Creation Date/Time : field transform is Date; operator is Between
Item -> Circulating Library : field transform is Raw Data; Operator is
In list

We then export the list to a csv file and put it on the server with a
php file.  Details on the original php can be found at
<https://www.branchdistrictlibrary.org/professional/mieg_new_items_files/new_items_0.3.php.txt>.

Here is what Branch District's list looks like:
<https://www.branchdistrictlibrary.org/new>

We hacked it a bit to shows summaries from the MARC record when you
mouse over the cover image.  Here is ours:
<http://community.lib.oh.us/collections/?page=new>

I'm sure I've missed some details or mistyped something, so let me know
if you need more information.

Cheers.
CM