[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen translations by the numbers

Cerninakova Eva cernin at jabok.cz
Fri Jun 3 08:59:00 EDT 2016

Hi,

>From the perspective of Evergreen  translator  the proposal  to  narrow the
focus to  languages that have actual users seems to be quite reasonable to
me.

I also agree with Galens criteria - in my experience  if the locale project
is living  the translations are surely updated at least ones a year. Also
the amount of translated strings  usually does not drop below 70% (not
even  when translation of new parts of Evergreen like web client have been
added to Launchpad).
I would only recommend  to include one more criterion:
To keep the translation if there is a living Evergreen catalog using the
given language (although I think that at present it is not topical).

I wonder what  would the "translation coordinator" exactly mean?
Would it just meen to keep an eye on translation statuses and activity in
Launchpad and  communicate with translators on one side  and Evergreen
developers on the other side good time before the Evergreen release?
In that case I think I could do it.

Eva

---
Mgr. Eva Cerniňáková
cernin at jabok.cz
Tel. +420 211 222 409

Knihovna Jabok
http:/knihovna.jabok.cuni.cz <http://knihovna.jabok.cz>
Tel.  +420 211 222 410

Jabok - Vyšší odborná škola sociálně pedagogická a teologická
Salmovská 8, 120 00 Praha 2