[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Batch deleting records

Elaine Hardy ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Thu Jun 16 14:57:52 EDT 2016

Common is more accurate. I would not batch delete based on ISBNs -- unless
there is a way to write the SQL script that would only retrieve only those
records with no items attached.

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service/PINES
1800 Century Place, Ste. 150
Atlanta, GA 30045

404.235.7128 Office
404.548.4241 Cell
404.235.7201 FAX

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Rogan Hamby <rhamby at esilibrary.com> wrote:

> I would second what Elaine just said and go a bit further.  I'd say it's
> downright common.
>
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 12:11 PM, Elaine Hardy <
> ehardy at georgialibraries.org> wrote:
>
>> ​Use extreme caution with a list from ISBNs. Some bib records for print
>> versions of the title may have ISBNs for the ebook. ​
>>

>> J. Elaine Hardy
>> PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
>> Georgia Public Library Service/PINES
>> 1800 Century Place, Ste. 150
>> Atlanta, GA 30045
>>
>> 404.235.7128 Office
>> 404.548.4241 Cell
>> 404.235.7201 FAX
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Blake Henderson <
>> blake at mobiusconsortium.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Chris,
>>>
>>> You will need to get a list of record ID's. Record buckets use record
>>> ID's.
>>>
>>> The easiest way to do that would be a SQL query.
>>>
>>> Something like this:
>>>
>>> select distinct record, isbn from
>>> (
>>> select record,regexp_replace(value,$$\D$$,$$$$,$$g$$) \"isbn\",value
>>> from metabib.real_full_rec where
>>> record in
>>> (
>>> select record from asset.call_number where
>>> not deleted and
>>> label=$$##URI##$$
>>> )
>>> )
>>> and
>>> tag=$$020$$
>>> and
>>> record not in(select id from biblio.record_entry where deleted)
>>> ) as a
>>> where length(isbn) in(10,13)
>>> and
>>> isbn in
>>> ( COMMA SEPARATED ISBN LIST )
>>> order by 1;
>>>

>>> The above query has a section "COMMA SEPARATED ISBN LIST"  where you
>>> will have to fill in your list like this:
>>>
>>> '4412349854',
>>> '2390340943',