[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Batch deleting records

Rogan Hamby rhamby at esilibrary.com
Thu Jun 16 15:04:35 EDT 2016

You absolutely could have sql only generate lists based on bibs with no
copies.  There are a handful of caveats though all depending on their
setups and workflows.  It's the sort of thing that unless the person
writing the script knows the cataloging workflows and issues and can
anticipate the pitfalls they should probably steer clear of it.

Or at least make really good backups.  :)

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Elaine Hardy <ehardy at georgialibraries.org>
wrote:

> Common is more accurate. I would not batch delete based on ISBNs -- unless
> there is a way to write the SQL script that would only retrieve only those
> records with no items attached.
>

> J. Elaine Hardy
> PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
> Georgia Public Library Service/PINES
> 1800 Century Place, Ste. 150
> Atlanta, GA 30045
>
> 404.235.7128 Office
> 404.548.4241 Cell
> 404.235.7201 FAX
>
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Rogan Hamby <rhamby at esilibrary.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I would second what Elaine just said and go a bit further.  I'd say it's
>> downright common.
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 12:11 PM, Elaine Hardy <
>> ehardy at georgialibraries.org> wrote:
>>
>>> ​Use extreme caution with a list from ISBNs. Some bib records for print
>>> versions of the title may have ISBNs for the ebook. ​
>>>

>>> J. Elaine Hardy
>>> PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
>>> Georgia Public Library Service/PINES
>>> 1800 Century Place, Ste. 150