[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Permission code EVERYTHING

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlcstaff.org
Wed Jun 22 13:53:50 EDT 2016

On 06/22/2016 01:46 PM, Serenity Ibsen wrote:
> Hi group!
>
> What does permission code EVERYTHING mean? Seems like that would be
> self-explanatory, but user groups with that permission code don't have
> the permissions I'd expect them to (like System and Global
> Administrators.) Do I still have to select permissions manually?

It means what it says, they have permission to do everything at the
depth of the EVERYTHING permission.

It could be that you have not set the depth to the desired level. It
could be that the permission checks are checking at a different org.
unit from the user's work_ou. Many of the copy and patron level checks
will check at the copy's or patron's home library. If that is outside
the range of the permission depth, then the EVERYTHING permission does
no good.

Also, when you have this permission, it just shows up as EVERYTHING. It
doesn't add all the other permissions. The permissions code generally
checks for the desired permission or the EVERYTHING permission at the
given depth. There were some bugs that were fixed a few years ago, but
there could be some lingering places where the checks are not taking
EVERYTHING into account, though I doubt it.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services
Email: jstephenson at mvlcstaff.org

Please note my new email address.