[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Email Notices, Action Trigger, Monograph Part information

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Mon Mar 28 11:32:59 EDT 2016

As a general note, currently there seems to be at least one way to get
multiple parts on a single copy, though that is generally "from
another bib" and tends to be a mistake. I suspect it comes from
transferring copies in some way from one bib to another and then
assigning a part on the new bib.

Signs of this include parts showing up in the OPAC for bibs that have
none, a copy showing a part not on the bib, or a copy appearing two
(or more) times in the OPAC (once for each part). This can also have
an effect on holds, allowing a copy to be on the potentials list for
the wrong bib or to not fill holds for the correct one (when it
shouldn't have a part but does anyway).

--
Thomas Berezansky
Assistant Network Administrator