[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen International 2017 Pre-conference Proposals

Rogan Hamby rhamby at esilibrary.com
Mon Nov 28 12:50:47 EST 2016

This is something (as a general topic) that was discussed at the Hack-A-Way
quite a bit.  Assuming you'd be an interested p party in attending I'm
curious what you would see as topics that could be covered versus what
skills should be prerequisites.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Donald Butterworth <
don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu> wrote:

> Any chance we could offer "Evergreen Programming 101" for programmers who
> want to begin contributing code, but don't want to get in over their head?
>
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 2:01 PM, Garry Collum <gcollum at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The 2017 Evergreen International Conference Committee is seeking
>> proposals for 3 hour long pre-conference workshops to take place on
>> Wednesday April 5th, 2017.
>>
>> A few weeks ago the committee performed a survey to see what types of
>> programs people would be interested in attending.  The results of the
>> survey included the following:
>>
>>  SQL (PostgreSQL)
>>
>>  Reports
>>
>>  Using Acquisitions
>>
>>  Using Serials
>>
>>  Holds configuration.
>>
>>  Cataloging clean-up/deduplication
>>
>>  Linked data
>>
>>  How to use git
>>
>>  How to contribute documentation
>>
>>  Action triggers, how, what, when
>>
>>  Cataloging in a consortia environment
>>
>>  Web client in depth
>>

>> Selected presenters will be offered complimentary conference registration.
>>
>> The original deadline for submission of proposals for pre-conference
>> workshops was November 24, 2016.  Because of my error of posting the notice
>> only to the developer's listserv, I would like to extend that deadline to
>> December 8, 2016.
>>
>> Please contact Garry Collum at (garry.collum at kentonlibrary.org) or Anna
>> Goben at (AGoben at library.IN.gov) with any questions.
>>

>> Please submit proposals to eg-conf-programs at list.evergreen-ils.org.
>>

>>  Garry Collum
>>
>>  Kenton County Public Library
>>

> --
> Don Butterworth
> Collection Management Librarian /
> Faculty Associate
> B.L. Fisher Library
> Asbury Theological Seminary
> don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
> (859) 858-2227

Rogan R. Hamby, Data and Project Analyst
Equinox - Open Your Library
rogan at esilibrary.com
1-877-OPEN-ILS | www.esilibrary.com