[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Case sensitivity in title search

Rogan Hamby rhamby at esilibrary.com
Mon Sep 26 08:37:55 EDT 2016

Hi Trisha,

Are there certain conditions you're seeing this under?  Doing a quick
search on a 2.8 system I'm not seeing a difference between Tolkien vs
tolkien or Unfinished Tales vs unfinished tales though there would be
reason in the bib records of the second to do so if the search was
resolving as case sensitive.

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Trisha Cantwell Keene <tcantwell at coa.edu>
wrote:

> We are running version 2.8 and have found searching in the staff client by
> title is case sensitive, i.e. staff typing in The Polar Express will not
> retrieve The polar express. We operate with a number of students and we're
> hoping this changes in later versions. The Opac for patrons operates fine.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Trisha Cantwell Keene
> Associate Director
> Thorndike Library
> College of the Atlantic
> 109 Eden St.
> Bar Harbor, ME  04609
>
> (207) 801-5661
> (207) 288-2328 Fax
> tcantwell at coa.edu
>
> "Google can bring you back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can
> bring you back the right one."  The Guardian (London)

Rogan R. Hamby, Data and Project Analyst
Equinox - Open Your Library
rogan at esilibrary.com
1-877-OPEN-ILS | www.esilibrary.com