[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Notes from Wait Wait Do Tell Me conference session

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 14:43:33 EDT 2017

Hi,

As promised at the session, here's a quick rundown of limiting notices to
specific profile groups.

1. Create a custom filter file with a profile limiter.  Here's an example
overdue notice filter limited to users with profile ID (
permission.grp_tree.id) values 35, 1002, or 1003.  The "-exists" block is
where the magic happens.

{
    "checkout.due" : {
        "context_org" : "circ_lib",
        "filter" : {
            "checkin_time" : null,
            "-or" : [
                { "stop_fines" : ["MAXFINES"] },
                { "stop_fines" : null }
            ],
            "-exists" : {
                "select" : {"au" : ["id"]},
                "from"   : "au",
                "where"  : {
                    "profile" : [35, 1002, 1003],
                    "id" : { "=" : {"+circ" : "usr"} }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

2. Give the notice in question a unique granularity value in the admin
interface.

3. Tell action trigger to use the custom filter file when generating
notices for the unique granularity:

perl action_trigger_runner.pl --granularity-only --granularity
my-unique-granularity --custom-filters /path/to/my-custom-filter.json
 [...other parameters]

Hope this helps.

-b