[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hidden titles in OPAC

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Aug 8 17:14:22 EDT 2017

Hi Don,

There are a couple of approaches you could take.

You could use a different bib source for records that should be
retrieved system-wide than you do for the ones that require the Located
URI. The bib source for the former would be transcendent.

Alternatively, you could use a Located URI with ASLAN to make those
records show up system-wide.

In my experience, there is one key difference between the two different
methods. If your use transcendence, those records show up in all catalog
searches. If you limit by copy location, the electronic resource will be
retrieved. I believe (not 100% sure) it will also be retrieved when you
limit to available items even though the system doesn't really know if
it's available.

With Located URIs, the record is never retrieved when you limit by copy
location.

The MassLNC consortia generally use Located URIs, even for resources
available to the entire consortium, mainly because they prefer the
Located URI behavior.

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier