[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hidden titles in OPAC

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Thu Aug 10 16:17:04 EDT 2017

Thanks again everyone for your guidance. We have implemented the Located
URI method and hope that all is now well.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to confirm that all of the titles are
displaying correctly in all of the catalogs?   I tried a general keyword
search using the term "Online access", our default phrase in the $y,
without success. I also tried a general keyword search using the wildcard
term * without success. It would ease my mind if there was a way to confirm
that all 16K records are available when searching.

Don

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Kathy Lussier <klussier at masslnc.org> wrote:

> [...]
> location.
>
> The MassLNC consortia generally use Located URIs, even for resources
> available to the entire consortium, mainly because they prefer the Located
> URI behavior.
>
> Kathy
>
> On 08/08/2017 03:51 PM, Donald Butterworth wrote:
>
> Kathy,
>
> We changed the transcendent set to False and now the only records
> appearing in the respective catalogs are those that include a $9 in the 856
> field. I take it that a $9ASLAN needs to be added so that all Open Access
> bib records can display in all the catalogs ... or is there better way?
>
> Don
>
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Kathy Lussier <klussier at masslnc.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Don,
>>
>> You want the bib source to have transcendent set to False for the Located
>> URIs to work properly. Transcendence is a way to make bib records visible
>> if you don't use Located URIs and makes the bib records show up everywhere.
>> Located URIs are an alternate method for making them visible, not an add on
>> to trascendence.
>>
>> I hope that helps!
>>
>> Kathy
>>
>> On 08/08/2017 02:24 PM, Donald Butterworth wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Deborah, Elaine, and Mike. I have made adjustments to the Copy
>> Locations and Copy Status tables, and believe that will solve some of our
>> "not showing up" in the OPAC problem.
>>
>> Now for the opposite problem. We have ebook records showing up in OPACs
>> where they should not be showing. Here is an example.
>>
>> ISBN 9781426760112
>> Bibliographic source: *ebooks*
>> Psalms 1-72
>> <http://evergreen.wats.edu.ng/eg/opac/record/507393?query=online%20access;qtype=keyword;locg=107;detail_record_view=0;page=3>
>> / Richard J. Clifford.
>> =856 40$3Electronic copy from EBSCOHost$uhttps://ezproxy.asb
>> uryseminary.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.
>> aspx?direct=true&scope=site&db=nlebk&AN=856417$yOnline access for Asbury
>> Seminary faculty, staff and students*$9ATS*
>>
>> My understanding is that when 1. there is no copy record present, 2.
>> there is a transcendent bibliographic source present, and 3. there is a $9
>> present, the bibliographic record should only be visible in the OPAC of the
>> Org Unit defined in the $9. In this example the bibliographic record
>> displays in all of our catalogs, although the hot link only displays in the
>> ATS catalog.
>>
>> What is the setting that we need to change?
>>
>> Thanks so much for your wisdom!
>>
>> Don
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Don,
>>>
>>> A title must have at least one copy, at least one located URI, or use
>>> transcendent bibliographic source in order to show up in the public

>>> ources_8201_8212_8201_finding_them_in_catalog_searches.html
>>> http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/dev/_using_transcendent_bib_so

don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu