[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Can Evergreen be used in Spanish?

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Fri Dec 8 19:27:07 EST 2017

Hello, Yamil!

See my answers below.

On 12/08/2017 05:31 PM, Yamil Suarez wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am totally out of the loop on Evergreen development, but I am
> currently fielding some questions from a library in Costa Rica that came
> in on the Evergreen community Facebook page. They just asked me if
> Evergreen can be used in Spanish. I know a few libraries had worked on
> this, but I don't know the current status.

Evergreen should be mostly usable in Spanish. Release 2.12 has all but
about 264 strings translated. Release 3.0 needs 1139 strings translated.

> Also, can you recommend a place/URL/code file to check for the status of
> Evergreen in other languages if I am asked in the future.

Yes, indeed:

https://translations.launchpad.net/evergreen

I answered your question about Spanish by looking there. There are links
to choose other languages or show them all.

Cheers,
Jason