[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Publication Year in Reports

Patrick, Irene irene.patrick at ncdcr.gov
Tue Dec 12 16:38:15 EST 2017

Has anyone ever noticed that there is some strangeness with the Publication Year in Evergreen reports?  The Publication Year is normalized in the output, and there seems to be an issue with how the data gets normalized.  Some examples of what I am seeing:

264 $c  September 1, 2015    Publication Year in report:  1

264 $c  October 6, 2017         Publication Year in report:  6

264 $c October 31, 2016        Publication Year in report:  31

When the date in the 264 is not simply the year, the normalization routine seems to be pulling out only a piece of the date, not the full date.

I tried looking for any previous reports of this issue in Launchpad but didn't find one.  Apologies if it is there and I missed it.

[cid:image001.png at 01D37366.816C1940]Irene Patrick
Library & Information Management Systems Librarian
NC Dept. of Natural and Cultural Resources
919.807.7413  |  irene.patrick at ncdcr.gov

109 E. Jones St.  | 4640 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-4600
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ncghl>  Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/ncpedia>  YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/user/statelibrarync>  Website<https://statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/>

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.