[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Publication Year in Reports

Rogan Hamby rhamby at equinoxinitiative.org
Tue Dec 12 17:24:38 EST 2017

Hi Irene,

Are you using the reporter table for this?  I have seen this before there
and not had the tuits to look into it in any depth since I've only seen it
on rare occasions but checking a few data sets it's not hard to find
examples under a number of scenarios and it's not hard to imagine a regular
expression creating this result.  It's probably worth a launchpad bag and
some discussion on how to handle it.  Maybe we should be checking for a
four digit number and using it when found.

Ultimately that table might get replaced with newer functionality of course
as the pub date field itself isn't RDA friendly but that's another
discussion.

Rogan Hamby

Data and Project Analyst

Equinox Open Library Initiative