[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Documentation hackfest: Friday, February 17

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Wed Feb 8 13:18:38 EST 2017

Hello Evergreeners!

The Documentation Interest Group is gearing up to document the Web
Client, and you can help!  We will be holding a hackfest on Friday,
February 17 to document some 2.11 features and the Web client's
cataloging and circulation interfaces.

If you've never contributed documentation before -- or just want to
spend some time getting used to the Web client -- this would be a good
time to give it a try!  DIG members will be on hand to answer any
questions you might have.  There are also a number of relatively
simple (but very important) tasks that you might choose to do, such
as:

* Taking screenshots of patron searching, registration, and records in
the Web client
* Reviewing the Batch Import/Export MARC documentation and making any
changes necessary for Web client use
* Re-writing the documentation for the Web Client's MARC editor
* Take screenshots of the Web Client Booking Module

If you're interested in participating, let us know what you plan to do
by assigning yourself at one of the two wiki pages:
* https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:webclient
*  https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:2.11_needs&s[]=2&s[]=11&s[]=documentation

If you'd like to participate, but don't have a wiki account or would
like some coaching on how to use IRC (the chat technology we'll be
using during the hackfest), email
OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION at list.georgialibraries.org, and we can get you
what you need. :-)

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions!

  -Jane

--
Jane Sandberg
Electronic Resources Librarian