[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Self-Check and locking media cases

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Wed Jul 26 15:49:19 EDT 2017

Joe, I have a fix for keeping the cursor focus always on the scan box.  We also use touch screens for our self checks and we were having trouble with the fact that it was easy to move the focus, which would cause the next scan to silently fail, and sometimes switch screens.
I have a bug report on it, but haven’t actually posted the code there yet.  I’ll try and do that soon.

We have also had trouble with the print list button that exists on the checkout screen.  Some significant portion of users would press that when they were done, get a printout and then walk away.  I guess they thought that was the logout and print a receipt button.  Then the next users would walk up and sometime check out items on the first person’s account.

I would love to collaborate with you on making the self check more touch screen friendly.  I can share the css changes I’ve made just to enlarge everything to make it easier to see and to make the buttons easier to press.

Josh Stompro - LARL IT Director