[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Error message on a workstation - what does it mean?

Willis, Beth willis at noblenet.org
Wed Mar 8 15:13:44 EST 2017

Hi Jennifer,

I have a thought that *may* be of some help.

When you create a serial subscription, you also need to create a
'distribution.'   One option that you set in a distribution is the "Summary
Method."

[image: Inline image 1]

This setting indicates how you want your holdings to display in the
catalog.  If you choose "Use record entry only" (e.g. serial record entry)
you are telling the system that you want to display the holdings from your
MFHD record.  So, I suppose you could run into problems if you choose this
option but do not have a MFHD for the title.

This is just a guess, though.  I haven't tried to test this yet.  As I
mentioned, I have never seen that error before.

Beth

--
Beth Willis
Digital & Catalog Librarian