[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] z39.50 character set negotiation?

Elaine Hardy ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Wed Mar 22 08:51:38 EDT 2017

​Jane,

OCLC does have a system alert posted and is working on a solution.

​With the exception of records with the copyright character or those titles
that are timely, our catalogers have been instructed to ​hold off importing
diacritic laden records (to prevent duplicates, we bring in records one at
a time). While it is time consuming, I have asked that, for those titles
they must import, they copy the diacritic from the Connexion Client and
paste it into the record in MARC edit. It slows things down, but it does
work.

OCLC generally fixes problems quickly. Hopefully, they will get this one
fixed today.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager