[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Importing order records from cataloging without using acquisitions

Jonathan Furr furrjt at forsyth.cc
Tue May 16 12:15:44 EDT 2017

Hi Dan -

Welcome to the community!

Here in Forsyth County, NC we are in a similar situation.  The Acquisitions
module was more than we needed because we track budgetary spending in a
very different way.  We import records from B&T in batch with a 961 tag and
I find the process very easy and reliable.  Like Kathy mentioned, Evergreen
can create dummy barcodes for you so you wouldn't necessarily need them
from B&T.

Good luck with your migration!

Best,

Jonathan Furr
Technical Services
Forsyth County Public Library
336.703.3045
"'Thou shalt not' might reach the head, but it takes 'Once upon a time' to
reach the heart."