[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Catalog holds status display - Hold queue and potential copies

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Mon Nov 27 17:28:00 EST 2017

Hello, Those of you that use age hold protection and non FIFO best hold selection sort order, what have you done with the status column of holds in your catalog.  We just noticed that it is showing the FIFO queue position for holds, along with all potential copies.  This gives users bad info since for us holds are sometimes filled in FIFO order for some orgs, and are filled based on proximity for other locations.  And since one org uses age hold protection, the total copy count isn't accurate either since half the copies might be age hold protected so they cannot fill the users holds.

Did you just remove that section from templates/opac/parts/hold_status.tt2?  Did you modify it in some way?  I would like to see examples of what you changed it to if you changed it.

Should the potential copies count exclude copies that are age hold protected and cannot be captured for that hold?  Right now it pulls from hold copy map, but it looks like restricting the copy count based on the age hold protection might be possible to add.

Thanks
Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro     | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139
LARL IT Director | Cell 218.790.2110