[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Label Printer Context and spine labels

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Fri Oct 13 10:14:12 EDT 2017

I did finally get it to work.  I had to completely deleted the %user%/appdata/roaming/openils folder and let the client re-create it.  What I don't get is why creating a new xul profile didn't work (adding the -P argument to the evergreen client shortcut).  I created a new testing xul profile alongside the existing one initially, but the problem continued even when I was using that new profile.  I would think that the only thing shared between different xul profiles is the appdata/roaming/openils/profiles.ini file, which seems pretty simple, not many options in there.  Although maybe profiles created after the first one inherit settings from the original one?

I also tried deleting the windows user profile, but when I copied back the xul profile folder the problem continued.  So I don't think it was something in the user profile.

I couldn't see any evidence that firefox settings were used by the evergreen client in my testing, that was mentioned as something to try.

I had no trouble using the silent print option after the printers were set correctly, but that might be a case of our workflow not needing other printers, whiles others do need to switch printers.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Josh Stompro - LARL IT Director