[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Web Client and 3.0

Elaine Hardy ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Mon Oct 30 17:02:57 EDT 2017

Scott,

We are testing 3.0 as the web client and have found one serious issue in
cataloging. When importing records via the Z39.50 interface, under certain
circumstances the collision detection does not work and a record with a
duplicate title control number from OCLC can be imported. See
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1724321  This will prevent PINES
catalogers from using the web client. I have not tested in the 3.0 XUL
client yet to see if it is also a bug there.

There are instances, such as overlaying records, where there is no
acknowledgement that an action is completed (I think there is a bug report
for this but I don't have the link.) Nor does the bib record redisplay as
with the XUL clients.

Mark for overlay doesn't clear at overlay and is retained until another
record is marked. If you have a tab opened with the Z39.50 interface,
marking a new item for overlay does not clear in that tab. You have to
refresh, losing any search you may have done.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1710401 and

There are other usability issues that we have identified but I need to
further confirm before I open bug reports.

I have not begun testing printing spine labels so I can't speak to how that
works yet.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager